[TR] most cost-effective car to move a TR engine??

Graham Stretch technical-iwnet at onwight.net
Wed Jan 2 18:30:34 MST 2008

Hi Alain
A friend of mine moved most of a Dolomite Sprint Driveline in his Dolomite
Sprint! A Dolomite Sprint is a small Triumph Saloon, about the same as a
Corolla if not a touch smaller, the engine was rolled in to the boot, I say
rolled as it had to rotate part way through insertion to clear the structure
of the body, the gearbox went in the rear inside several black bin liners to
retain any oil spill and the axle was placed on the reclined passenger seat,
the interior was seriously protected with heavy cardboard, hardboard and ply
wood where needed, the wife travelled in the back behind the driver, it did
look a little low on the rear but he drove over 100 miles from me to his
home! All items were drained of fluids before transport, though I recall a
cup or so of coolant appeared from the engine despite turning it every which
way to empty it out before hand! Dolomite Sprints are also notoriously soft
sprung, they tend to bottom the suspension four up on a rural type road,
though from experience of Az, some of your unmade roads are better than our
local routes!

Just move it in what ya got! (tuppence worth, maybe less!)

Graham