[TR] looking for two 165 Michelin XZX tires

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 19:04:45 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/26/2008 4:12:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
triumph66 at gmail.com writes:

I have 2  Michelin 165-15s that while NOS would make for great concours
tires.   Does anyone have two more they want to sell to make a  set?

Ted, unless the ones you have are under 5-6 years old (NOS or otherwise), I
wouldn't bother to buy two new ones just to "go Concours"! For one thing, the
XZX tread wasn't available as far back as the TR4A; optional original
equipment  back then would've been the "original" Michelin X. Besides, I'm not sure a
 modern tire in the correct size would count against you regardless. Of
course,  there seems to be very little currently available in that size nowadays.
>From  personal experience, I'd say that the XZX was an ok tire 25 years ago,
but  probably no better than current Kumhos (if they're still available).

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)