[TR] John Macartney Charity 2009 Drive- Stag Restoration - update

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Sun Feb 24 21:02:03 MST 2008

Hello All,

We have selected the Stag that will be the subject of the full concours
restoration, and it will be prepared by the Illinois Sports Owners
Association and Triumph Stag Club USA members, beginning in about 2
weeks.  Currently about 51 individuals and US Triumph Clubs have kicked
in to purchase the car and begin the restoration, and the list of
pledges is growing.  http://www.ranteer.com/misc2/
Please, if you can help support this effort, we would love to add your
pledge to the growing list.  If in the UK, contact John Macartney for
donations standardtriumph at btinternet.com

Within a few weekends, the disassembly should commence toward a full
restoration. Photos of the progress and restoration teams will be
available on the TTA web site at regular intervals.

As this restoration progresses, I will be asking for continued help from
various suppliers, services, groups and individuals.  My hope is that
enough donations will be received to completely restore this Stag
without the need for the main charity to have to use some of its funds
that would otherwise go to charity.

However, at this time I am looking for the parts for a Tate & Lewis
conversion ZF 4 or 5 speed Automatic - for the Triumph Trans AmeriCan
2009 Charity Drive Stag that will be driven by John Macartney for 10,000
miles around North America. http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk/

Does anyone have contacts to purchase the parts needed for a ZF
conversion, maybe someone would be so kind as to contact Tate & Lewis or
Jonathan Finnis at Monarch directly to see if they will help support
this cause somehow?
The car we picked out is a BW35 and I really do not want to send John
off on a 10k mile drive around North America in a BW35 Stag driving our
interstate highways at 4000 rpm.

My first option - request - is to have someone or a group donate or
purchase the ZF conversion parts for the car.
Second option would be to purchase the conversion parts and source the
ZF here in the USA.
Our fall back is to convert to a 4 speed with J type OD, but we would
still need to source all the parts for that conversion.

So if anyone here can make inquiries and introductions to willing donors
in this regard, myself, John Macartney, and the Charities benefiting
from this Drive will greatly appreciate the efforts.

Thanks!

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)