[TR] Brake Assembly Questions

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 24 16:15:48 MST 2008

>> My question is...what parts should be
>> "lubed" during assembly? Anything that has metal to metal contact?
>
> I put just a touch of grease where the shoes touch the backplate; and some
> "dry moly" where the cylinder & it's clips touch the backplate.  Adjuster
> screw gets anti-seize, adjuster pistons & wedge get grease.  But nothing on
> the shoe ends where they touch the cylinder and adjuster.

Randall's advice as always, is excellent. However, I'd just add that IMHO *a touch* of grease should
ideally read *a touch of high melting point grease* might be better? We don't know what ambient
conditions this car operates in and HMP is the only grease I've ever used in my brakes in chilly old
UK. Don;t like to think of any kind of lubricant getting out of control in the "stop" department of
my car :)

Jonmac