[TR] Brake Assembly Questions

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Feb 24 07:15:50 MST 2008

Back from a week in sunny and warm Florida and time to get serious about
having the car back on the road by mid-March! First up is getting the brakes
squared away.

I'll be re-assembling the rear end of the car this week with mostly new
brake components including: braided hose, brake cylinder, Kevlar shoes,
springs, spring clips, spring plate, locking plate, dust cover etc. The
adjuster assembly was removed and cleaned up. My question is...what parts
should be "lubed" during assembly? Anything that has metal to metal contact?
I saw where one person put some lube on the back plate where it came in
contact with the shoes. And what do you recommend for a lube?

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U