[TR] TR3 Rear Main Seal Conversion Diameter

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 21 20:45:30 MST 2008

I acquired a crank that already had the scroll modified for use with one
of the lip type seal conversion kits. The diameter is 2.567". Both Moss
and BPNW sell kits that require a diameter of 63.5mm (or 2.502"). Does
someone else sell a different kit that user a larger diameter seal or
was this done by mistake? I haven't tried TRF or Victoria British yet.

Searching through old posts, I found that there were some improper
dimension spec's supplied early on. I get the impression that they were
too small rather than too big.

I hate to take the crank in just to have the seal surface reduced by
another .065" so if anyone knows of a kit that matches this, I would
greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

Mike