[TR] key series

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 12 17:04:14 MST 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 02:40 pm, Arakelian, Peter wrote:
> >Need to order some key blanks but not sure what to order.
> >
> >I am looking at both my TR3A and TR4 keys and they look the same.
> >
> >The TR3A key is a Cole National and the number is U2
> >
> >The TR4 key is a Taylor lock Co number UN3 on the back and 62DL on the
>
> front.
>

> Are you sure it is U2 not UN2?
>
> UN2 = FA series
> UN3 = FP series
>
> Moss has both: UN2 = 163-535; UN3 = 163-550
>

> Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily Driver
Peter,

It has been confirmed by many on the list that my Cole U2 and Taylor 62DL are
both for the FP series key.

George Richardson confirmed this with a link to his web site as well as the FP
on both ignition switches!

http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=62DP

Also George Hahn confirmed that his TR3A key is also a Cole U2.

Thanks to all who answered my query. Learned another fact about Triumphs
today!

But the funny thing is I bet you 40 years ago I knew the answer!

Bob