[TR] Diff Mount Repair

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sat Feb 9 07:32:58 MST 2008

The other day I asked if the TRF repair brackets went inside or alongside
the diff mounts. The answer was a resounding 50/50% that they're a perfect
fit inside/alongside!  For some of you they fit perfectly inside the mount
and for others it was a perfect fit alongside the mount. That made some
sense when I found that each of my mounts were a little different dependent
on how it was originally welded in place. I used the gusset template from
the VTR site and ended up custom grinding each one to fit a specific side of
each bracket. Probably overkill but what the heck. I had Tim's Portable
Welding come to the house and the results are here
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/DiffMounts.htm

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection