[TR] [Spits] Hemmings Article

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 8 16:03:07 MST 2008

Darrell Floyd wrote:

AH Sucks John, I always wanted one of the "Rest of the World" Spitfires.  Come
to think about it I want a R.O.W. TR6 too.

You mean the car with petrol injection, of course. The faster noisier version
:) Sure, still plenty around though for a good one, best budget for spending
upwards of US$16k.

Throw in a UK Spec TR7 with the beauty of the Twin SU fitment and absence of
all the smog equipment. It just ain't fair that we have the so called Federal
Versions of all the cool TR's. However,  I'm good with the Stag in CA, that's
fine.

Was there a UK Stag Version?

Was there a UK Stag version, the man says;):):)  Sure was Darrell. Considering
the car was originally designed for the US market but failed to 'take off' (no
need to go there) we carried on building 'em here and built 25,000 odd. The
R.O.W. version had a bit more umph than the Federal car with around 145BHp on
tap. Good ones here are now commanding prices upwards of US$20k.

Cheers, Jonmac