[TR] jumper cables? extra oil?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 7 19:40:23 MST 2008

Paul,

When I was working on the 4 project. I hooked up a battery to both a solenoid
and a 12v switch for the coil to test start the engine.

Now at that time the body was off.

I hooked up a 1 qt can for fuel supply.

Engine turned over just great with a 5 year old battery. (the old one from the
3).

Engine started after the 3rd try and ran real nice with good oil pressure and
oil flow to the rockers. (I had the valve cover off).

If you are close to completing your project, I would get a new battery, not
use the "car" and jumpers. Either hook it up as normal or just to the
solenoid and a switched 12v to the coil.

I can send you a photo if you need.

Bob