[TR] [Spits] Hemmings Article

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 7 17:10:49 MST 2008

Darrell Floyd wrote:
> That's great and now we have a UK Spec Spitfire donation to be raffled  off
> in CA!  Now that's News! Are you kidding me! I'm telling all  now that one will
> get some action from yours truly. What was that about the  beauty of those
> twin SU's?  OH My this could get serious.

*Could* get serious????? I've been serious about this event for the better part of two years in
terms of planning it :::)))

For the record Darrell, the original plan was to raffle the Spitfire in California but that event
has been brought forward to May 2009 where the draw will take place on Standard-Triumph Marque Day
in the UK. Just to stop any hares running, tickets for the Spitfire raffle are restricted only to
the UK and Eire in view of the fact it's a late model car and we gotta have something for the guys
who can't come. The whole of the USA and Canada will get the chance to buy raffle tickets for the
Stag and their availability will be announced quite soon.

Jonmac