[TR] Wheel truing for steel wheels.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:15:13 MST 2008

Hi List,

I have 14" Ford wheels on my TR3A.  To my surprise recently I discovered they
are all running close to 0.050' run out.  I think this is what is causing the
shimmy in my front end.

I am preparing to cut the center sections loose and reset the off set on my
garage floor while curing the run out at the same time.  Has any one had any
experience with this?  Does anyone know of a reliable company that can correct
the run out for me?

The only wheel manufacturers I can find use a 0.035 tolerance for their wheels
and I hope to get a lot closer than that.

Best regards,
Tom