[TR] TR3 skid plate blockage?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 1 21:41:03 MST 2008

Ever since I read the account of the TR3 that 'snagged' a too high railroad
track that it was crossing, I sought to install skid plate hopefully to
prevent this on my car.  I also work in a RR track area.

I fashioned a 1/4" plate of steel to go about two inches forward of the
radiator and running back over a foot in length until it lips over the forward
crossmember.  The width of it extends between the car's rails.
It runs about 1/2" below the radiator.  I am installing an electric fan.

I've yet to have my TR3 roadworthy, however, I'd like to ask a question about
this homemade 'skip plate'.  Is it going to block a sufficient amount of air?
Are there other problems with this idea?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3