[TR] Accelerator Shaft Bearing/Bushing

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Fri Feb 1 10:13:27 MST 2008

Hi Bob,
I re-did my accelerator shaft & bearing assy last fall on my TR3. I had the
carpet out of the way. I had to install the nylon bearings loosely on the
shaft after you thread the accelerator pedal into engine compartment.
Then you can tighten down the nylon bushing holders to the firewall.
The hardest part I had, was when I powder-coated the accelerator shaft and
made the diameter of the shaft thicker. I then had to grind down the inside
dia. of the brass bushing that is used to hold the accelerator shaft in place
& keep it from sliding.
There was no problem with dia of the nylon bushing, only the brass bushings.
(keeper or stop)
Ibsen