[TR] TR3A starter

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 16:47:31 MST 2008

I have had this issue for a long time and am just getting around to  asking.
My starter seems to have a "dead spot".  When I got the car  it sometimes
would just grunt when I hit the button like the battery was  dead.  I hit it a
second time and it fired right up.  I took it to my  local starter guy and he
rebuilt it and told me that it was a bad ground causing  this.  I paid extra
attention to the ground, put a new motor to  chassis ground when I put the
rebuilt motor in, and yet it still  does the same thing.  My solenoid does not have
the starter button on it so  it is likely a replacement (I think).  Could this
be the  solenoid?
My pecuniary situation is likely to change after the first of the year so
buying a new one "just because" ain't no more.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Stay up-to-date on the latest news - from fashion trends to
celebrity break-ups and everything in between.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000024)