[TR] Facet Pump

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 12:28:18 MST 2008

> 2. My Facet pump is only for negative ground cars.

If it has two wires, it will work for either.  Older pumps with only one
wire came in either positive or negative ground versions, but they isolated
the ground (so the same pump could be used either way) a long time ago (at
least 10 years).

> 4. The instructions indicate attaching the red to the newly
> installed oil pressure switch "P" terminal. (No oil pressure
> installed). Which indicates to me positive.

Since the pressure switch does not care about polarity, I do not believe the
'P' stands for positive.  Assuming this is a 3-terminal switch, I believe it
indicates the common contact (although I have no idea why they use 'P' for
that).

What car were your instructions for ?

Randall