[TR] Non TR, headlight left-on alarm?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 25 11:16:13 MST 2008

This question is about my '96 Nissan pickup.

Unfortunately, I forget alot and leave my headlights on after driving (head
injury magnifies my forgetfullness).  From JC Whitney I bought a 'headlight
left on alarm' for about $10.

I've sought to install it and it's only two wires. (Idoit proof?)
It's designed so that it attaches to the light fuses. Either blade or round
type  When the red wire is hooked to either of the two light fuses it
correctly sounds IF THE LIGHTS ARE TURNED ON, it's white wire is suppose to
touch another fuse.  Since I have no other fuse, I touch it to a ground TO
MAKE IT WORK.  HOWEVER, it does not stop alarming when THE KEY SWITCH IS
TURNED ON (like it's suppose to).

The instructions say that if it's an import the red wire will have to go to a
marker light or parking light.
And I did this, and still it won't work correctly via the key switch.
(however, it does alarm when the lights are on).

The fuse box only contains these two fuses and about four relays: Main Relay,
Check relay, horn relay, etc.  One of these might help, I don't know.  Does
somebody out there know?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey