[TR] Greetings one and all

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Mon Dec 22 19:47:43 MST 2008

On 22 Dec 2008 at 23:45, John Macartney wrote:

> Over the ten + years I've been reading the daily missives
> from these lists, I've never known it so late before the
> usual Christmas Greetings have started going out.

Wha'??  Whoa, it's December already!!

The truth is, John, it's been an exhausting season for at least some
places this side of The Pond.  Some of us are still shoveling snow
from last week, some are still without electricity, some are still
digging out from forest fires.  Some are without jobs at all, and
many of us are looking at a receding retirement horizon.  I think a
few places still have some campaign posters scattered about, and even
a few unresolved elections.  A time-out would be good about now.

Nevertheless, thank you for bringing it up, and thanks to all of you
for being cyber-friends and offering so much advice.  It's good to
pause every so often and look around at our blessings.  May your
future be Triumphant!

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com