[TR] Spit: Lucas electronic ignition

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Dec 20 15:59:17 MST 2008

> or does the electronic ignition fail this way,
> with intermittent stops and starts regardless of what I do?

Totally different module, but I once had an electronic ignition module that
would do exactly that.  Never could explain why, but replacing it solved the
problem.

If it's true that it's a GM module inside and you replace it; be sure to use
heat sink compound between the module and it's mounting plate.  The
transistors inside need a heat sink for long life.  Replacement modules
normally come with a sachet of heat sink compound, but ask for it if yours
doesn't.

Randall