[TR] Flywheel lightening

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 08:02:52 MST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Aribert Neumann <aribert.neumann at edag-us.com>

Currently on eBay, there is a T5 conversion kit for a GT6.  Included in the
package is a lightened flywheel.  This flywheel looks spooky dangerous to
me.  Has anyone ever seen lightening done in this manner (the only
lightening that I have seen was machining stock off of the back (opposite
of the clutch face).  I don't mind sharing the link since I have been
outbid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300280962022&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&viewitem=

==AM==
I don't know about the flywheel, but I'm wondering if anyone here has ever used this particular gearbox conversion. If I'm reading the ratios for that box correctly, 1st must be nearly useless...unless you've got lots of stumps to pull! :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us