[TR] Test

Michael tr3a at comcast.net
Mon Dec 15 16:52:39 MST 2008

   Interesting you should mention that. I got curious a few years ago and
   wondered  how  Krylon  would  look.  Had a spare TR3 door and a can of
   Krylon  that  had  to be 10 years old. Decided to try an experiment. I
   roughed  up  the existing paint on the door, wiped off the dust with a
   paper  towel  or  something, and sprayed it BRG (more or less). sanded
   again  and  resprayed. Then, I wet sanded with some fine paper...1000,
   then  2000  grit maybe? Can't remember. Finally, I used some polish of
   some sort on it. Was rather amazed at how it turned out. Certainly not
   perfect, but much better than I expected. Maybe it really is like Fred
   keeps  trying  to  convince me...there's nothing about a bad paint job
   that a little sandpaper won't fix! :)
   pethier at comcast.net wrote:

Heck, I painted a Lotus BODY with Krylon.  Did a lousy job, too.   Drove it any
way:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/71582590/

I bet Rob has it looking much better already.

--
62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package, 7
9 Caterham 7