[TR] "Best" Nut to use

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Dec 15 16:36:04 MST 2008

John Herrera wrote:

> A good cross-thread beats a safety any day!

John, I assume this is a joke, but I still don't understand your point.

These nuts do not cause a cross-thread; in fact one of the things I like
about them is that they turn freely at first so I can be sure they are NOT
cross-threaded.

And while safety wire or a cotter pin might be superior as far as locking,
the tight quarters involved would make using them almost impossible.  They
also usually involve some level of compromise in clamping force, which I
feel is very important in these joints.

Randall