[TR] frame paint

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Dec 15 10:15:50 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/15/2008 7:04:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tswhitez123 at hotmail.com writes:

I have  found that a liberal coating of a mixture of oil, road asphalt, and
dirt  makes a very effective covering.

Best  regards,
Tom

Years ago, one of my best friends and employee was from Durham, England.
Phil told me that when he was a child,  cars were not something everyone  owned
in England, and that those who owned one took a lot of pride  in maintaining
them.

In his case, he said his father was concerned about the car rusting. Each
time the oil was changed. the car was blocked up and Phils job. as a child, had
to crawl under the car with a brush and a pan of oil.His job was to carefully
 paint the entire underside of the car and the inside of the fender wells
using  all the used motor oil.
Phil said that several time his father carefully removed  the inner  door
panels from all four doors and painted the inside of the doors with the old  oil.

Their cars never had any rust, but Phil said his Mom was forever  complaining
about the smell!

Mike Moore
59 TR3A