[TR] Tr3 rare parts

Kent Shrack kentshrack at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 09:50:10 MST 2008

I bought what I thought was a really rare RPM limiter for a TR3 on E-Bay.  I
had never seen one.  It looked as though it screws on the dizzy base, where
the tach cable screws on, then the tach cable screws onto the RPM limiter.  It
has two wire terminal connectors which I guessed wired to the low voltage wire
to the dizzy.  How rare could that be I thought.  I had envisioned taking it
apart to find fly weights with springs and a grounding system when the RPM got
to high.  Everything looked good in the picture.  When it came, it was about 4
times larger than I had thought.  Nothing in the picture to compare sizes.
After some research I found that in fact it was for the transmission for an
Austin Healey.  I paid $12, re-listed it and got my $12 back.  Only out the
postage one way.
I do have 4 TR3 Avon bottles in boxes, a few metal push cars, windshield
washer, ashtray, etc.

Kent Shrack