[TR] Facet Pump

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 10:32:23 MST 2008

Get the "low pressure" version and you don't need a pressure regulator.  I ran one on a Midget with SUs one one on a Lotus with a side-draft Weber.  No problems.  (OK, one spring the Lotus did not fire up.  I disconnected the pump hoses and shot some compressed air through the pump in the forward direction.  Everything worked fine thereafter.)

Put it close to the tank and be sure there is a filter between the tank and the pump.

Bypass the mechanical pump entirely.

Remember that a Facet pump is like me and not like an SU pump:  It never shuts up.  It keeps on ticking even when the carb is no longer calling for fuel.

--
62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package, 79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier

From: "Alex" <ambritts at bellsouth.net>