[TR] TR6 to the rescue - the end

Joe Merone jmerone at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:49:25 MST 2008

The story ends...

Since our wild winter ride Monday morning the TR6 has sat
back in the garage, but was covered with a fine layer of salt and grime.  I've
been waiting for a slight break in the weather to get it outside and give it a
bath, all the time feeling sorry for my paint, my canvas top, my chrome, and
my undercarriage - although that part of the car has that very special Triumph
lubrication liberally applied over most of it.

This morning I awoke to
temps in the 40s, but dropping fast due to a cold front quickly on the way.
Off to work?  Nah - I've got to wash the car - and now.  So there I am out in
the driveway at 7:30 a.m. on a December morning in Vermont, the sun just
coming up,  washing a British sports car.  And not just a little wash, but a
thorough one.  Yes neighbors, I am a little weird - "good morning and have a
nice day."  And what happens then?   You guessed it - a very heavy snow squall
hits.  Keep washing - faster.  But now the rinse water is freezing up on the
car.  Keep drying - faster.  More strange looks from the neighbors, but a
clean and happy car.

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928 5-speed