[TR] TR6 to the rescue

Mike Coe coefront at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 10 05:03:29 MST 2008

Well seeing as it's Christmas (and we now have tons of snow here in Calgary,
Alberta), I'll add another TR story following my recent TR6 epistle. A story
that occurred long before {the TR6} ownership when my then employer of a
week, within a week transferred me from Vancouver across the straight to
Victoria. B.C. And I found a fairly decent cheap interim abode to live in
for a month whilst waiting for my wife to join me before she could leave her
job. I, using that time to look around for a better place for us. Which of
course [Murphy's law] materialised only shortly after she joined me in
Victoria! So we then had to move our stuff: and we only had our faithful
1961 TR3 {it, a car we really couldn't afford as we had no, and I mean no,
money, and she was heavily pregnant; but we loved the TR3}. And yes, you
guessed it, apart from a few awkward burdensome things friends moved in an
old small rusty pick up on the weekend, we moved with the TR3 during the
week. Which is surprisingly good at moving stuff with the top lowered! But
what people must have thought seeing things raised and dangling within this
vehicle can only be imagined! Certainly I got a lot of waves and honks from
cars (all in fun I think!), but we saved a heck of a lot of moving costs via
a number of TR trips - and gas was "really, really" cheap back then! Sadly
though for the TR {but joyfully for the baby} we upon baby Jennifer's
arrival had to sell the TR3 until we gained better income; and five years
later the arrival of the TR6.  Mike.  TR8. confront at shaw.ca