[TR] ...and other wintertime stories

jimmuller at rcn.com jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Dec 9 14:45:07 MST 2008

N197TR4 wrote:
> I have another snowtime story and parking...

Interesting story.  The Finest of Charles City must have been in a good mood!

One of my minor *unintentional* winter-in-a-sports-car episodes was this. Driving my Fiat 124 Spider on a cold, damp but non-snowy night I coasted sedately to a stop at a stoplight.  Calmly the car's speed hit zero, and within milliseconds calmly the car began sliding directly sideways down the crown of the road.  No warning, no control, no nuthin' but sideways movement until both right wheels bumped lightly against the curb.  If I'd wanted to be parking there it would have been worth bragging about.  Instead I was just grateful the only thing to hit was the curb.  I drove away very gingerly.
--
Jim Muller