[TR] [6pack] CVJs Have Arrived

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 18:02:59 MST 2008

I don't think that it is a proper comparison between CV joints and U-Joints.
It is sorta like apples and oranges.  While both of them allow flexing of
the two things that are connected, the CV joint also allows inward and
outward movement.

The CV joint is comparable to using a sliding shaft in conjunction with a
U-Joint to get movement in both directions.

I can't really comment on which is better on a TR6 but I have been using CV
joints in the rear suspension of my black Spitfire for several years.  I
haven't had any problems with them since I upgraded to CV-Joints that are
used on Porsche 930's.

Joe C.