[TR] bumper re-chrome update

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 8 17:03:09 MST 2008

Well Sandy's called this morning and said my TR6 front bumper was done so I
drove up to Syr. and picked it up.

I just unpacked and inspected it and my first impression is very good.

One of the list members from Rochester said that he tried Sandy's a few years
ago for his 4A restoration and was not impressed.

Not sure if things have changed since but this looks very good.

I just finished putting a coat of Collinite wax on the entire bumper and will
wrap it up in cellophane and bubble wrap as the restoration is just starting
and I will not be mounting this bumper for about 2 years or so if I am lucky.

The 20% off bumpers offer is still on for the month of Dec. and if I can get
the cash, I am going to have the rear 6 bumper re-plated as well.

May do the TR4 rear bumper also this spring. The current bumper is good for a
daily driver but there is some spider-ing etc. But there is no surface rust
like the 6 had.

I dont have a good before picture but the finished product is very nice.

For 288 + tax I figured it was worth a try.

Website: http://www.sandysbumpermart.com/

Bob