[TR] 3A fuel pump

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 16:25:41 MST 2008

One thing I have never noticed about the original TR3A fuel pump (with the
prime lever and glass sediment bowl), is that there is a hole in the body of
the  pump between the pump itself and the glass bowl.  I am now noticing it
because fuel is spewing out of it.  What concerns me is that this hole is  below
the diapragm which likely means that whatever fuel is not spewing from the
hole is making its way to the crank case.  The diaphragm is leaking without  a
doubt.  This only happened after I changed the oil and filter and  saw no
evidence of this after I came back from a drive (smell of gas/stain on  the floor).
 I only started it to move it in the garage a couple of hours  later and the
strong smell got my attention.
Two things:  I am not really excited about changing the oil again. I  gave it
the sniff test and it seems to pass OK.
This pump rebuild kit has been in the car for about 300 - 400 miles.   It is
a red rubber diaphragm and there is a red stain being left on the  bottom of
the pump from the fuel coming out of the hole. Does someone have  experience
with another rebuild kit that is better than this?  I think I  got it from VB
but not sure.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Stay in touch with ALL of your friends: update your AIM, Bebo,
Facebook, and MySpace pages with just one click. The NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000012)