[TR] Trailing Arm Thread Repair

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 12:28:43 MST 2008

I think I agree with Jerry. Proper torque is the key though. If previous
tightening was a little heavy handed there is not much holding power left
though IMHO. Putting in heli-coils isn't that big of job.

Marty

> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:45:41 -0500
> From: jerryvv at roadrunner.com
> To: 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org; 6pack at autox.team.net;
triumphs at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [TR] Trailing Arm Thread Repair
>
> Bob, why do you feel the need to do this? Are some of them torn now? I've
run my TR 4A since 1969 when I bought it and the trailing arm threads are fine
as are the studs. I've had them apart too many times to remember too. I don't
believe they will suddenly strip if they are good now and are properly
torqued. If they are stripped then by all means fix them, I'd stay with the
studs myself as assembly is much easier than trying to align for bolts.
> Does anyone (non-competition) have the experience that these will just pull
out at some point?
> JVV
>
> ---- Bob Danielson <75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org> wrote:
> > I'm planning on removing the 5 hub attachment studs from the Trailing
Arms,