[TR] Trailing Arm Thread Repair

jerryvv at roadrunner.com jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Sat Dec 6 11:45:41 MST 2008

Bob, why do you feel the need to do this? Are some of them torn now? I've run my TR 4A since 1969 when I bought it and the trailing arm threads are fine as are the studs. I've had them apart too many times to remember too. I don't believe they will suddenly strip if they are good now and are properly torqued. If they are stripped then by all means fix them, I'd stay with the studs myself as assembly is much easier than trying to align for bolts.
Does anyone (non-competition) have the experience that these will just pull out at some point?
JVV