[TR] Automatic Trans for Triumph

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:02:43 MST 2008

> > I have no idea if a Borg Warner T35 BW-35 is the right one, as the seller>
> claims.> > BW35 is the right model, I believe; but I think the problem is
that they are> not all the same. Much like overdrives, details like mounting
bolt> locations are subject to change depending on the application.> >
Randall

I have e-mailed Jim Booth, who installed the automatic transmission in John
Warfield's old TR3 (the one referred to by Fred Thomas in another e-mail), and
he says that the type 35 is the model he used. However, it came from a Triumph
2000 saloon. The type 35 will need to be mated to a bellhousing from a Triumph
2000 and then it will work.

John H.