[TR] TR head rebuild

Bob Nogueira nogera at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 5 11:25:15 MST 2008

Well the beat goes on, just returned from the machine shop that is
rebuilding the head for my engine. They pressure tested it and say there is
a very tiny leak around the edge of the aluminum plug that is located under
the valve cover in the center of the engine ( to see a picture of the
offending part go to http://www.texmog.com/Head.htm. The leak is very small
and definitely around the edge not through the plug itself.  They are
reluctant to try tapping the plug in more since neither they nor I know how
it is affixed nor if a replacement is available.
 Note they pressure tested it at 40 lbs and I had them drop it to 20 psi (
the lowest the gauge would register) and the tiny bubbles remain.
Any suggestions or advise out there?

Bob