[TR] Remote door look switch for a TR3A??

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 20:45:40 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/2/2008 7:14:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
60TR3A at cox.net writes:

When I  rewired my TR3I originally used a small remote switch designed
to  control lights on a boat to act as a remote cut off for the
ignition  switch.  But after about a year it died, so now I am trying
to  come up with an option that will last a little longer.  So I was
thinking about trying to find a remote control from a modern car to
use as a switch to turn on & off the ignition circuit.

I know I  can use a toggle switch but anyone can figure that out -
besides I  already a fan and a 4 way flasher switches under the
dash :-).   But a remote control switch could be put anywhere (trunk,
under the  seat, engine compartment).

Has anyone done this?  Does anyone have  any suggestions where I could
get a remote control switch that would  work with our very simple
electrical  system??

John

John A. Wise
Glendale,  AZ

Some people have disconnected the dash light switch (let dash lights  always
be on with headlights) and used that as a no-steal switch.

Mike Moore

Engineering  Manager
CL Moore & Associates, Inc.
17590 Holiday Drive, Morgan Hill,