[TR] Remote door look switch for a TR3A??

60TR3A 60TR3A at cox.net
Tue Dec 2 20:13:23 MST 2008

I thought the subject might get some attention.

When I rewired my TR3I originally used a small remote switch designed
to control lights on a boat to act as a remote cut off for the
ignition switch.  But after about a year it died, so now I am trying
to come up with an option that will last a little longer.  So I was
thinking about trying to find a remote control from a modern car to
use as a switch to turn on & off the ignition circuit.

I know I can use a toggle switch but anyone can figure that out -
besides I already a fan and a 4 way flasher switches under the
dash :-).  But a remote control switch could be put anywhere (trunk,
under the seat, engine compartment).

Has anyone done this?  Does anyone have any suggestions where I could
get a remote control switch that would work with our very simple
electrical system??

John

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ