[TR] TR6 transmission leaks

dmnlaw dmnlaw at peoplepc.com
Mon Dec 1 18:17:52 MST 2008

I can't figure out what all the fuss is. My TR6 doesn't leak a drop. There's no telling how many miles it has on it. When I found it in 2004 it had been sitting since 1988. I put new seals in the front and rear of the engine and transmission. The only leaks I have are the ones I cause when I change the oil. The differential was leaking so I changed out the seals and no more leaks. Seems to me that if the seals, and the surfaces being sealed, are in good shape then the English engines are as tight as the Japanese engines. Others may disagree - and that's okay - cause when I'm riding down the road, top down, engine purring, there's nothing that can take the smile off my face - leaks or no leaks. Cheers to the Brits for having made these incredible cars.

Doug Nelson
74TR6