[TR] Help deciphering Standard Triumph hardware catalog vs. Triumph Spare Parts Catalog

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Aug 31 18:17:27 MDT 2008

Hi,
I hope someone can help me out here. I am finally getting to completion of
my TR4A IRS chassis rebuild. That isn't my question..
Anyway, I have decided to replace the bolts that connect my half shafts to
the diff and also the bolts that connect the drive shaft to the end of the
transmission. I can't find the bag of parts so I am going by the Spare Parts
Catalog which states the bolt is a 107960 with a TN3209 Nyloc nut. Switching
to my Standard Triumph Hardware catalog the nut is a 3/8 UNF nyloc nut. The
screw is not in the catalog as a 107960. Looking in the hex bolt section,
there is a 3/8 x 1-1/4 Hex UNF bolt that is a HB0960. I am guessing that is
what I want. There are no hex bolts starting with "107".
Can someone please confirm this for me? I want to send an order off to
McMaster-Carr.

Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67 Tr4A