[TR] Ignition switch tool

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 07:47:54 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: John & Pat Donnelly <pdonnel1 at san.rr.com>

Is there a special tool to tighten the outer ring that fastens the
ignition
switch? I've never been able to mine tight enough and the switch turns
as I
turn the key.

==AM==
Yes, there is. Someone was making these a few years back, but I don't
know if they're still around. Maybe someone else on the list will know.

You can often improvise with little more than a pair of small,
flat-blade screwdrivers and some degree of dexterity...at risk of
gouging surrounding areas WHEN one of the screwdrivers slips. :-(

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>