[TR] TR4A Front Wheel Bearings

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 07:56:18 MDT 2008

> Randall:  would you agree that the newer felt seals have a
> lot of (=too
> much) felt ?  I actually peeled off a layer or two before installing.

I don't know if they are all that way, but it does seem to be common.

But, as long as you set the bearing clearance without the felt in the way,
it won't hurt anything.  The procedure I suggested (mark & count turns
without the felt in place) was actually the factory-recommended procedure at
one point; so it may be that the felts were "too thick" even then.

Randall