[TR] TR6 Dizzy Question

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sun Aug 24 13:55:46 MDT 2008

Hi Guys,
Still working on the 71 TR6.  My buddy Mark found a few things on the  Carbs
so now it will hold an idle but I developed a real bad miss at low  revs
today. I opened up the points and that got me home from Cleveland and  once home I
reset the timing, way retarded, and it ran a little better but  not right yet.
Intermittent fire at the plugs especially at low rpm's.  It has new wires,
points and condenser with an old cap and  rotor. Question is that the rotor's
leading edge is real shiny and looks  burnt and the cap has grooves worn in the
terminals at the top. I replaced  the rotor (used one) and after 25 miles it
looks shiny too. Mark was into  the dizzy for he says he found that the weights
were rusted. However I  looked at the previous cap and it looks the same with
grooves worn in. Is this  normal?  The shaft seems pretty tight. This all
looks suspicious to  me, I can even see a few metal shavings inside the cap. This
is an original  Lucas script cap that can't have more than 1000 miles on it.
Distributor  was rebuilt in 1992 25,000 or so miles ago. What say the List?
Thanks,
Darrell

deal here.