[TR] tightening top of shock

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sat Aug 23 19:21:30 MDT 2008

Typically, there are two flats on the very top of the shaft that you can use
to keep the shaft from turning while you tighten the first nut.  Hold that
flat place with a pair of pliers of crescent wrench while installing the
first nut.

Once the first nit is sufficiently tightened, you can then install the lock
nut and once it contacts the first nut, you can lock them by Trying to
loosen the first nut while tightening the second one (spinning in opposite
directions.  That puts torque on the threads to keep both from turning.

Joe