[TR] Triumph letter mounting TR4

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 12:38:03 MDT 2008

I like the 2-sided tape idea but if you do drill holes this is what I
did to affix the letters:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/BootRack5.JPG

The old metal blind fixes (covered with plasticene) were too tedious
to remove for routine wash & wax, yet I would get a wax build up and
an uneven shine in the area around each letter.

Using small sections of thick-walled small ID rubber tubing pressed on
each post has held the letters (front & rear) quite securely for many
miles -- yet it is easy to remove the letters for thorough detailing.

Those who have seen the car will correctly suspect that this occurs
about once a year on a daily driver.

On the front letters I used just one piece of tubing for each letter,
longer and shaped into a U to go over both posts.  Probably would work
on the rear but didn't figure that trick out until later.