[TR] Uncle Jack - 22 September 1936 - 16 August 2008

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Fri Aug 22 10:25:32 MDT 2008

We lost one of our best......

Thanks Robert Houston...we (a lot of us)  buried Uncle Jack yesterday in
Geneseo, Illinois.  Jack & were best friends for 20 years with nary an unkind word
between us.  He sustained me when I was unwell, and gave me direction when I
needed support.

We worked together on many projects, and traveled extensively, most of which
had to do with Triumphs and Triumph people.

I did post something on the big TR list last week, but didnt think it was
widely read or that it didnt make it through cyberspace.

For those that are going to join us at Watkins Glen 3-7 September we will be
memorializing Uncle Jack in the Triumph Paddock and on the Track. Please join
us on Saturday evening, if not throughout the weekend.

Regards,

Joe Alexander
Friends of Triumph.

> From: BearTranserv at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [TR] Uncle Jack
>
> I never got to meet Uncle Jack in person, but he built an engine for my TR4
> and was a pleasure to speak and deal with.  I found out yesterday on the
> MGB
> list.
>
> It's a sad day when we lose anyone, but I'm relatively sure, knowing what
> little I know about Jack, he left the earth in a manner he would have chosen
> if
> he could.
>
> Sympathy and prayers to all his family and friends.
>
> Robert B.  Houston
> Texan in New Mexico

   </HTML>