[TR] Your photo in a race car booth at Meadowdale Raceway Festival

ZinkZ10C at aol.com ZinkZ10C at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 20:01:16 MDT 2008

This is from another list, sounds like a interesting event.  Also, take a
look at the website  www.meadowdaleraceway.homestead.com

[WtW] Your photo in a race car booth at Meadowdale Raceway Festival
Date:   8/21/08 3:02:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   rossf at cognifast.com (Ross Fosbender)
Sender: wheeltowheel-request at wheeltowheel.com
To: wheeltowheel at wheeltowheel.com

I'm in trouble.  I am drawing a blank on finding a club that can provide a
vintage roadster, camera, and a few bodies to set up what will be a
tremendously popular attraction at the Meadowdale Raceway Reunion & Festival
September 13-14 at the old track in Carpentersville, IL.  See
www.meadowdaleraceway.homestead.com.

To simplify the project, we will  just take pictures with a digital camera,
then take the files home and post them on the Meadowdale website.  People
can then pick them off the Internet and do with them what they will.  If you
wish to request a donation for this service, that is fine.  If people want
to use their own cameras to take the picture, we would want that to be free.

Getting a suitable car has been a problem for some.  If you wish to use my
shiny red Alfa Spider, you can.  But it is in Ottawa, IL, 78 miles away
(roughly I-80 and I-39) and will need to be trailered to Meadowdale and
back.  It's a little wrecked on the driver's side, but the other side looks
great.  With some numbers and headlight tape, it will stand in fine for a
Meadowdale era racer.  Its future includes a full restoration, so a tennis
shoe scuff, ice cream drip, or spilled Coke will be no disaster.

You could actually use the car for two photo sites- the right side for hero
driver pix, the left side for several crew members trying to straighten out
the dummy driver's latest race damage. But that's strictly optional.

Of course, if you have an available pre-'70 race car you could bring, that
would make things a lot simpler.

TIA.

Ross Fosbender
Ottawa, IL 61350