[TR] exhaust systems

Arakelian, Peter arakelianp at mossmotors.com
Wed Aug 20 08:51:08 MDT 2008

I had a Monza system on my 1971 TR6.  When the mufflers went bad, I went
down to a local hot rod exhaust shop that did custom work for all the
cruisers and hot rods in town.  First clue I was in the right spot was
that he listened to what I wanted the car to sound like, then said he
wanted me to be there during the installation.
I had the Monza exhaust that split into two pipes out the back end.  He
measured the space I had and put in the longest glass packs he could fit
- had to be ordered, they were 22 inches long.  Then put 7 inch
resonators on each one. Angle welded them on so they did not come
straight out, but angled upward slightly.
Sound great!  Deep sound, not too loud on the road, but roars nicely
under strong acceleration.

Peter Arakelian - 71 TR6