[TR] Pertronix Failure

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 10:41:36 MDT 2008

In a message dated 8/18/2008 8:04:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mdporter at dfn.com writes:

I don't  know that they're more or less reliable than points.

I agree-points usually have a period of graceful degradation until it dawns
on me that its time to change points. Not so with electronic ignition.

I also find changing points as part of routine maintenance to be somewhat
therapeutic . and gives me a time to look over ht cables, replace rotor, cap
etc. etc. Its always satisfying to have an improvement in running
because of maintenance.

Mike Moore

Read reviews on AOL Autos.