[TR] turning dizzy/timing

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 17 20:35:58 MDT 2008

Gary,

Is there some reason you can't just move the spark plug wires in the
distributor cap all one hole over? That would give you a 60 degree benefit
to reposition the vacuum unit before you time the engine again

 Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN        .

> Subject: [TR] turning dizzy/timing
>
> I'm wanting to turn my distributor since I'm needing to retard the timing
more and the vacuum canister is almost hitting the block.  I'm assuming
that I simply need to withdraw the distributor (not loosening the
clamp)........then turning the bushing/drive in the block
appropriately........then re-installing the distributor.  Am I assuming
right?