[TR] Uncle Jack

mkutka at comcast.net mkutka at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 19:27:31 MDT 2008

A sad day this past weekend. I picked this up from the FOT list. In Grattan Michigan we lost a true friend of triumph racing "new blue," his Tr4.

Uncle Jack was a very supportive figure in the current Triumph racing fraternity and for triumph lovers all over who drive their cars. He was instrumental in some of the recent updates for our cars and was always willing to help out a fellow triumph guy. He was a true friend of the hobby and for those who worked with and knew him well including his family I extend my condolences. I spoke with Uncle Jack several times over the phone and entrusted some "custom" work to him a few years ago. He was one of the special people you meet in life and are thankful for them. I still have the scribbled recipe I transcribed while speaking to him over the phone. It was a basic recipe for a fast street TR3/4/4A motor. He insisted I refer to him as Uncle Jack even though we never met face to face and told me to call anytime. That and many other stories from all the others he helped in this hobby is why we are lucky to have had him.

Gods Speed Uncle Jack

MK